Tuesday, February 9, 2010

With all the snow I have had time to play with some of my new "goodies" from
the shop, Chartreuse and co, in Buckeystown, MD. The offerings are a mixture
of traditional, industrial and modern vintage. If it's old and cool, it'll be at
Chartreuse. I started Flea Market Chicks about 5 yrs. ago as a way to justify
my "junking" expeditions. Little did I know that I would end up with
my dream job. Shopping the world over looking for one-of-a-kind vintage
treasures to share.

I have the privilege of belonging to a delightful group of creative women who
offer a once a month tag sale, in of all places....an 1900's dairy barn. As you
walk up the pathway, you are greeted by a cheery "chartreuse" door. Walking
through the doorway transports you into a "vintage wonderland"! Dazzling
chandeliers, opulent silver and scrumptious upholstery abound. Even now,
after being there for nearly 2 years, I am giddy when I first open that green door. Before I can even think about preparing (fluffing) my space to get ready for the
next sale, I MUST look around the whole barn (both floors) to delight in all the
amazing finds that the other girls have brought in. I am usually in awe of the
talent that surrounds me! It's one thing to search and find the perfect vintage
piece of furniture. Creating a vignette that makes you want to "move right in" is something else. These gals have a way of displaying their "wares" that astounds
me. Truly "magazine" worthy.

If I have peaked your interest...check out my website
ttp://www.fleamarketchicks.com/ and click on the events calendar for more tag sale details.

No comments:

Post a Comment