Thursday, April 7, 2011

Who doesn't need another end table???? Theyfill in those empty corners, they hold our nightly glass of wine, the hold lamps that light the books we read. I have been busy as ever...whipping out power tools. Or "power toys", as I like to call them. I found a vintage fruit box in the barn this morning that was begging to be made into a small table. Lucky for me, I have salvage wood from my 1882 farmhouse. A junk diva's dream come true!! I proceeded to whip out the chop saw to cut the table top strips and the legs. Then, unfortunately, hand hammered the piece together. I've got to get a nail gun for the air compressor....hey, great Mother's Day gift, if anybody's listening!! An hour later I ended up with a darling little table that would be perfect on the patio, sunroom or family room. Now the question of the day......do I sell it at the next Chartreuse tag sale or keep it? Well......I could always make another one. However, the wine glass and patio are beckoning me. Decisions, decisions! Until we meet again....gotta go put the tools away!

No comments:

Post a Comment